Wednesday, September 21, 2011

PSD exercise!

PSD Excercise A 
    I was drawn to edit the picture of the fire because the combinations of the shadows and the fire was interesting. I decided to make it black and white because I thought it bring out the shadows and bring emphasis the fire. In addition, I blurred the background of the picture to bring the attention to the bonfire and bring a cozy feel to the picture. I also choose this picture because I enjoy camping and bonfires because it relaxes me and reminds me of camping in Yosemite while I was growing up.

PSD Excercise B
    I decided to edit this picture because I really love flowers and anything that reminds me of spring and summer. I wanted to bring a retro feel to the picture. So, I added and mixed  deep violet, red, and yellow to the color scheme of the picture. I also wanted to bring emphasis to the center of flower, so, I blurred the background and parts of the flower. I then created another layer, and erased the appropriate areas to draw attention to the center of the flower. 



PSD Excercise C
    This picture includes a busy beach filled with people carrying out various activities. I really enjoy editing pictures with retro, faded look. So for this picture, I toned the saturation down and played with the tints. I wanted to achieve the look of how old pictures with color looks like when the colors fade.  

No comments:

Post a Comment